Weyrick is currently seeking a mechanic to maintain its fleet of three axle tractors, transfers, trailers and fleet vehicles. Work to be performed in the shop and in the field.
At Weyrick, we’re proud to offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package that provides health and financial support to our employees. Your benefits are an important part of your overall compensation at Weyrick. That’s why we give you a wide range of benefits to choose from. All regular full-time employees may enroll in a variety of health and welfare plans including medical, dental and vision plans.
- Service trucks & trailers using various hand and power tools
- Preventive Maintenance
- Troubleshoot, repair, commercial trucks, and equipment
- Communicate status of downed vehicles to lead mechanic
- Maintain repair, service, and maintenance records
- May be required to perform other related duties as needed
- High school diploma/GED
- Journeyman level mechanic with 3-5 years of experience in the maintenance and repair of heavy-duty diesel and medium fleet automotive (preferred)
- Knowledge of industrial and shop safety rules and procedures
- Ability to safely operate vehicles and equipment to test and troubleshoot for proper operation before and after maintenance
- Experience with basic fabrication, use, and application of welders and gas torch systems
- Experience performing preventative maintenance
- Reliable attendance
- Ability to work safely and efficiently independently and as a team
- Must be able to bring tools necessary to perform the functions of the job
- Be able to communicate in verbal and written form
- Class A driver’s license preferred
- Will consider applicants that have recently completed diesel mechanic schooling
Conditions of Employment
Successful candidate must submit to post-offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen, and background check. Some positions require FMCSA regulated on-going drug and alcohol testing.
Email completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.